If you are a property owner that is selling your home over the holiday season, don’t pass the holidays by. The weather may be cold, but holiday décor creates warm vibes and seasonal comfort for potential buyers.
Consider these tips:
- Coordinate holiday décor with other colours in your home.
- Stick to ‘winter’ themed décor.
- Add natural elements such as birch, holly, poinsettias, pine cones, live wreath.
- Avoid religious symbols, window clings, personalized items (stockings, photos, greeting cards).
- Don’t distract potential buyers with too many decorations.
- Avoid over decorating focal points; fireplace, bay windows, counters.
- Keep outdoor holiday décor to a minimum.
- Opt for a smaller Christmas tree, one tree per home.
- Consider a pot of apple cider with a cinnamon stick added for a gentle holiday scent.
- Less is more.
Potential buyers will be expecting a warm, cozy, festive atmosphere when viewing your property. You want to attract potential buyers, not invite them to your Christmas party.
I encourage sellers to have professional pictures taken before holiday décor is displayed.
Leave a Reply